Heer Soho quits MQM-P to join PPP
MPA Heer Soho claims there is no respect for women in the MQM-P – a major faction of MQM, which was previously run by London-based supremo Altaf Hussain.
In the past, Soho had been all praise for MQM-P for providing “unprecedented respect to women members”.
ایم کیو ایم میں خواتین کو جو وقار، عزت اور کردار دیا گیا ہے اسکی مثال کسی سیاسی جماعت میں نہیں ملتی، رکن رابطہ کمیٹی و ایم پی اے ہیر سوہو@HeerSoho @MQMPKOfficial#MQMPakistan pic.twitter.com/wNeUdQBLvN— جعفری (@sTjafri) January 6, 2018
Soho told the media on Tuesday that she would reveal the party's treatment of women in a press conference later.
The provincial legislator says she joined the PPP when she attended a dinner reception hosted by CM Murad Ali Shah at Chief Minister House a day before Senate elections.
During Saturday's polls, the MQM-P suffered a setback by gaining only one seat despite being the second largest party in the Sindh Assembly. MQM-P chief Farooq Sattar had blamed the result on party MPAs selling their votes to the PPP.
Meanwhile, there were also reports another MQM-P MPA Naila Muneer has also joined PPP, however, she has not formally announced joining the party.
Naila Muneer had also attended the dinner reception at CM House with Heer Soho.
- Pakistan up 31 places in Trading Across Border Index04:02 PM | 19 Jan, 2021
- Infinix Hot 10 Play with 6000mAh battery is up for pre-orders12:57 PM | 19 Jan, 2021
- Sindh Wildlife Dept rescues two blind Indus dolphins near Rohri canal ...11:52 AM | 19 Jan, 2021
- Watch – Why Hareem Shah slapped Mufti Abdul Qavi?08:23 PM | 18 Jan, 2021
- Nora Fatehi 'had fun last night' with Turkish chef Burak in Dubai ...07:29 PM | 18 Jan, 2021
- Mahira Khan recovers from COVID-19 infection, announces return to TV ...04:41 PM | 18 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- COVID-19 – How many vaccine doses Pakistan and neighbouring ...08:34 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- 10 women celebs who lent their star power to UN06:50 PM | 5 Jan, 2021