'King of Comedy' Amanullah dies after prolonged illness in Lahore
LAHORE - Popular comedian Amanullah Khan or Amanullah has died after a prolonged illness in Lahore. He was 70.
He was under treatment at a private hospital for diseases related to lungs and liver. An announcement about the funeral prayers is yet to be made.
Amanullah was a Pakistani television stand up comedian and actor regarded as one of the best comedians in Pakistan. He has influenced many artists as well as people. Khan has a world record of 860-day night theater plays.
He was conferred with Pride of Performance Award by the president of Pakistan in 2018.
In 2010, Amanullah joined GEO News for its then new program Khabarnaak. He also played the role of Chacha Bashir in Mazaaq Raat.
Some fellow comedians have said that Amanullah was their teacher, and they learnt comedy from him and from his comedy shows.
He had also toured India and many famous Indian comedians including Kapil Sharma and Chandan Prabhakar regard him as their teacher and inspiration.
In 2018, he reunited with Aftab Iqbal in Khabarzar on Aap News channel.
He has also performed in two films named One Two Ka One (2006) and Na Maloom Afraad (2014).
Amanullah, who is also known as the king of comedy in Pakistan had appeared in many stage dramas. Some famous dramas include Begum Dish Antenna, Disco Deewanay, Khirki ke peechay.
- PM Imran lauds Turkish President for raising his voice in support of ...11:14 AM | 23 Sep, 2020
- Middle schools reopen in Federal Capital, Punjab, KP & Balochistan ...10:45 AM | 23 Sep, 2020
- President Arif Alvi approves Pakistan Medical Commission Bill 202008:53 AM | 23 Sep, 2020
- PM Imran directs to ensure availability of wheat on reasonable ...08:27 AM | 23 Sep, 2020
- Alizeh Shah looks unrecognisable in her new purple hair05:25 PM | 22 Sep, 2020
- Armeena Khan praises spot person's amazing vocals03:30 PM | 22 Sep, 2020
- Madam Noor Jehan's house should be turned into a museum: Shaan Shahid02:07 PM | 22 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan terms Kashmir, Palestine disputes as UN's most long-standing ...11:18 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020