LHC directs Punjab Education Dept to employ man previously rejected for being blind
Justice Syed Mansoor Ali Shah took up the case for hearing and directed secretary education Punjab to employ the applicant with immediate effect.
"Special importance is given to the disabled persons throughout the world, but in our country they are ignored", the presiding judge said while hearing the case.
Earlier, petitioner Hafiz Junaid Mehmood pleaded that he had passed the test and the interview with the Education Department Punjab in connection with the post of an educator.
However, he had been informed that there was no policy in place to accommodate disabled persons. He said that it is constitutional obligation of the state to ensure people are not discriminated against on the basis of their disabilities.
On this, The Lahore High Court (LHC) had directed Punjab government to evolve policy within one month for providing jobs to disabled persons who meet the recruitment criteria.
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 17 September 202109:39 AM | 17 Sep, 2021
- China terms Australia-UK-US alliance ‘extremely irresponsible’, ...11:25 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- ‘Inspiration 4’ – First all-civilian spaceflight launches into ...10:50 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- UN high commissioner for refugees calls on Pakistan Army chief09:45 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- PM Imran, Iranian President Raisi hold first meeting in Dushanbe09:11 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- Faryal Mehmood’s new bold dance video goes viral05:54 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- Nadia Hussain in hot water over controversial statement05:27 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- Asim Azhar and Bilal Maqsood jam together on iconic songs05:00 PM | 16 Sep, 2021