G-B Chief court orders PTI ministers to leave region within 3 days
GILGIT – Gilgit-Baltistan top court on Friday ordered the Pakistan Tehreek e Insaf government ministers and officeholders to leave the region within three days.
The court made such a decision in wake of the upcoming elections.
A bench comprising two members Justice Malik Haq Nawaz and Justice Ali Baig announced the verdict on a petition filed over violation of the code of conduct ahead of the upcoming polls.
The court ordered G-B’s Chief Election Commissioner Raja Shahbaz Khan, Chief Minister, and Chief Secretary to implement the decision at the earliest.
Opposition parties have been talking about the attempts to rig the elections scheduled for November 15.
While addressing to a rally on Thursday, PML-N Vice-President Maryam Nawaz said that several party candidates and members had been forced to change their loyalties in recent months.
Similarly, PPP and other parties stated the Prime Minister visit to G-B is an attempt to rig coming provincial polls.
- PAKvWI – Pakistan beat West Indies by seven runs in 2nd T20I11:55 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- Pakistan ranks as world’s most affordable country to live in11:19 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- Rizwan makes new world record by scoring highest T20I runs in a year10:35 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- Pakistani minister slams India's Modi for leaving world at delta ...10:17 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- Twitter rejoices as Pakistani man's 'wallet return' mission ends ...09:45 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- Indian actor Nandita Dutta arrested for running 'porn racket'09:21 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- TikToker bags Guinness World Record for largest mouth gape03:39 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021