Ditching dollar, Iran and Turkey to trade in national currencies
The Iranian leader pledged support to Turkish businessmen to encourage and facilitate investment.
According to Rohani, Iran and Turkey are planning to increase their trade to USD $30 billion a year. Both dignitaries witnessed the signing of four memorandums of understanding for cooperation and strengthening of their ties.
The documents include customs, banking, librarian and television cooperation.
Rohani and Erdogan announced that several bank branches will be opened in their respective nations.
Dr. Seyed Mohammed Hossein Adeli, Secretary General of the Gas Exporting Countries Forum (GECF), in an exclusive interview with Anadolu Agency in Moscow, welcomed Turkey and Iran's agreement on using national currency following the trend to use this over international currencies like the dollar.
"If sanctions, restrictions and political considerations are somehow limiting the countries' free trade, they will start having more willingness to do it [trade in national currencies]," Adeli said.
He asserted that this practice will have a knock-on effect on other countries that will follow suit when they see that it is not just possible but profitable.
- Pakistan reports no polio case in six months02:08 PM | 27 Jul, 2021
- US formally ends combat mission in Iraq after 18 years01:20 PM | 27 Jul, 2021
- All 'unnecessary movement' restricted in Karachi after 6pm as Covid ...12:47 PM | 27 Jul, 2021
- Pakistan amicably repatriates 46 Afghan soldiers who crossed border ...12:24 PM | 27 Jul, 2021
- Budding Pakistani singer accused of sexually assaulting woman in ...11:26 PM | 26 Jul, 2021
- Jennifer Lopez celebrates 52nd birthday with Ben Affleck04:36 PM | 26 Jul, 2021
- Pakistani bride's super dancing entry goes viral (VIDEO)03:37 PM | 26 Jul, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021