Ditching dollar, Iran and Turkey to trade in national currencies
The Iranian leader pledged support to Turkish businessmen to encourage and facilitate investment.
According to Rohani, Iran and Turkey are planning to increase their trade to USD $30 billion a year. Both dignitaries witnessed the signing of four memorandums of understanding for cooperation and strengthening of their ties.
The documents include customs, banking, librarian and television cooperation.
Rohani and Erdogan announced that several bank branches will be opened in their respective nations.
Dr. Seyed Mohammed Hossein Adeli, Secretary General of the Gas Exporting Countries Forum (GECF), in an exclusive interview with Anadolu Agency in Moscow, welcomed Turkey and Iran's agreement on using national currency following the trend to use this over international currencies like the dollar.
"If sanctions, restrictions and political considerations are somehow limiting the countries' free trade, they will start having more willingness to do it [trade in national currencies]," Adeli said.
He asserted that this practice will have a knock-on effect on other countries that will follow suit when they see that it is not just possible but profitable.
- ICC nominates two Pakistani cricketers for awards of the decade09:18 AM | 27 Nov, 2020
- Live open market Foreign Currency Exchange Rates in Pakistan today - ...09:00 AM | 27 Nov, 2020
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 27 November 202008:45 AM | 27 Nov, 2020
- Rapid Rides to bring Lifan bikes in Pakistan08:30 AM | 27 Nov, 2020
- Oppo’s Reno 5 Pro – Launching in December 2020 according to leaks08:10 AM | 27 Nov, 2020
- Urwa Hocane's father responds to 'separation' with Farhan Saeed07:25 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Nabeel Zuberi takes lead role in Aulaad05:29 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Mehwish Hayat surprised by secret admirer (VIDEO)05:21 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020