Ditching dollar, Iran and Turkey to trade in national currencies
The Iranian leader pledged support to Turkish businessmen to encourage and facilitate investment.
According to Rohani, Iran and Turkey are planning to increase their trade to USD $30 billion a year. Both dignitaries witnessed the signing of four memorandums of understanding for cooperation and strengthening of their ties.
The documents include customs, banking, librarian and television cooperation.
Rohani and Erdogan announced that several bank branches will be opened in their respective nations.
Dr. Seyed Mohammed Hossein Adeli, Secretary General of the Gas Exporting Countries Forum (GECF), in an exclusive interview with Anadolu Agency in Moscow, welcomed Turkey and Iran's agreement on using national currency following the trend to use this over international currencies like the dollar.
"If sanctions, restrictions and political considerations are somehow limiting the countries' free trade, they will start having more willingness to do it [trade in national currencies]," Adeli said.
He asserted that this practice will have a knock-on effect on other countries that will follow suit when they see that it is not just possible but profitable.
- Govt likely to increase petroleum prices from June 1609:38 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- China rubbishes G7 criticism, says 'small' group can't decide world's ...09:01 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- PSL 2021 – Islamabad United opt to field first against Karachi Kings08:39 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Man with ‘world’s largest family’ dies in India08:24 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Watch: Traffic warden in viral video wins PM Imran's heart08:03 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Producer of Christchurch mosque attack movie resigns after backlash05:02 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Meesha Shafi becomes certified yoga instructor04:20 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Ushna Shah and Juveria Abbasi enjoy beach day out03:05 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021