Ditching dollar, Iran and Turkey to trade in national currencies
The Iranian leader pledged support to Turkish businessmen to encourage and facilitate investment.
According to Rohani, Iran and Turkey are planning to increase their trade to USD $30 billion a year. Both dignitaries witnessed the signing of four memorandums of understanding for cooperation and strengthening of their ties.
The documents include customs, banking, librarian and television cooperation.
Rohani and Erdogan announced that several bank branches will be opened in their respective nations.
Dr. Seyed Mohammed Hossein Adeli, Secretary General of the Gas Exporting Countries Forum (GECF), in an exclusive interview with Anadolu Agency in Moscow, welcomed Turkey and Iran 's agreement on using national currency following the trend to use this over international currencies like the dollar.
"If sanctions, restrictions and political considerations are somehow limiting the countries' free trade , they will start having more willingness to do it [trade in national currencies]," Adeli said.
He asserted that this practice will have a knock-on effect on other countries that will follow suit when they see that it is not just possible but profitable.
- ADB president calls on PM Imran in Davos04:10 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- CEOs YouTube, Siemens call on PM Imran04:08 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- Bismah excited to lead Pakistan in ICC Women’s T20 WC03:50 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- UBG congratulates Anjum Nisar for becoming president of FPCCI03:44 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- President Trump to visit Pakistan soon: FM Qureshi03:41 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- HBO Max orders royal family comedy ‘The Prince’02:55 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- Mahira Khan asks Shireen Mazari for an update on the Zainab bill02:39 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- HUM Style Awards 2020 nominations are out02:11 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019