India issues around 12,44000 domicile certificates in IIOJK till 31st Aug
SRINAGAR - In Indian illegally occupied Jammu and Kashmir (IIOJK), Indian authorities have issued about 12.44 lakh domicile certificates across the territory till August of this year.
According to Kashmir Media Service (KMS), the domicile certificates issued include 2.86 lakh in the Kashmir valley and 9.45 lakh in Jammu division.
As per the figures, 1,243,996 domiciles were issued till August 31. The process of issuing domicile certificates in the territory was started in the last week of June.
After the abrogation of Kashmir-specific Article 370 on August 5 last year by the Indian government, the J&K’s permanent resident certificates (PRCs) law was abolished and replaced by the new Domicile Law which was notified by New Delhi on May 18 this year.
The new domicile policy, which is aimed at changing the demography of Jammu and Kashmir, provides citizenship rights to both original residents of the territory as well as to non-locals.
- Suzuki likely to unveil 9th Generation Alto this year11:48 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan to create tech-based farms to promote exports11:04 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan’s UN envoy Munir intensified efforts to accomplish ...09:57 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- PAMI elects Prof Dr. Chaudhry Abdul Rehman as new president08:50 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- Queen Elizabeth strips disgraced Harvey Weinstein of top royal honour02:43 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- Asim Abbasi apologises for copying French artist Malika Favre's work ...02:30 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy roped in to co-direct a Marvel film01:48 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020