Imaan Mazari does not support Salman Khan, and here is why
Many Bollywood celebrities came forward in the actor's support claiming that the punishment was too harsh.
The law takes its course. Can’t argue it. But at this point in time I just feel helpless and my heart goes out to @BeingSalmanKhan and his family. Reason, cause the last thing @BeingSalmanKhan is, is a criminal.I feel this is too harsh. I do hope he gets the relief he deserves.— arjun rampal (@rampalarjun) April 5, 2018
Extremely saddened by hearing about @BeingSalmanKhan , I have full faith in the law, and I hope they get lenient on behalf of the great humanitarian work that he is doing. #Salman Khan #WeSupportSalmanKhan #BlackBuckPoachingCase— Naved Jafri (@NavedJafri_BOO) April 5, 2018
Pakistani celebrities too showed support for Bollywood's Tiger.
Really Sad to see my friend Salman khan sentenced for 5 year But the Law must take its course & we got to respect the decision of honourable court of India but i still think punishment is to harsh but my heart goes to his family & fans ..— Shoaib Akhtar (@shoaib100mph) April 5, 2018
Am sure he will out soon ..
I have witness the religion that he belongs to which is called humanity. Today is a sad day @BeingSalmanKhan you are a bigger person than all of us. Respects for you always and forever.— HUMAIMA MALICK (@HumaimaMalick) April 5, 2018
In a world with no “NO” human rights, a great human being is being punished for killing an animal umpteen years ago under animal rights. Bash me all you want, but there’s something completely wrong about it.. mind you such human beings are our saving grace! #SalmanKhanVerdict— MAWRA HOCANE (Hussain) (@MawraHocane) April 5, 2018
However, Imaan Mazari, a woman with fierce ethics and even a fiercer approach to voicing her opinions, had something different in mind.
Have Pakistani celebrities completely lost their minds or are they really just this ignorant? The flood of tweets paying respect to a CRIMINAL are disgusting and completely unnecessary. He may be a lot of things but to express respect for a convicted criminal is a new low... https://t.co/IpnPUni0KO— Imaan Zainab Mazari-Hazir (@ImaanZHazir) April 5, 2018
Imaan tweeted: "Have Pakistani celebrities completely lost their minds or are they really just this ignorant? The flood of tweets paying respect to a CRIMINAL are disgusting and completely unnecessary. He may be a lot of things but to express respect for a convicted criminal is a new low..."
What's your take on this? A criminal is a criminal, whether a celebrity, or an ordinary citizen.
- PTI minister tells why PM Imran can’t expel French ambassador11:55 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- 12 security personnel taken hostage by TLP protesters recovered: ...10:53 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Syria goes to the polls next month09:01 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Marastyal – KPK launches mobile app to lodge complaints against ...08:38 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Unknown persons booked for disrespecting 'King Priest' at Mohenjo-Daro08:04 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Aamir Liaquat takes a terrible fall during race in Ramadan show ...06:19 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Imran Abbas appointed goodwill ambassador by Turkey03:19 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Arjun Rampal, Neil Nitin Mukesh test positive for Covid-1902:01 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021