Rape convict ordered to pay 'compensation' to victim
Justice Anwar-ul-Haq, while dismissing the appeal filed by culprit, ruled that government should also take steps towards the economic rehabilitation of raped women. He further added the women who meet tragedies like rape have to suffer their whole lives and it must be compensated.
The court instructed the convicted to submit bonds worth rupees 2 million in the name of his baby girl.
The judge also cited a number of cases in his 12-page verdict where victim women were compensated monetarily.
Nadeem, the convicted rapist, had filed a review petition at LHC after he was awarded punishment by a lower court judge in Sargodha.
- Four rare black deer stolen from Lahore’s Safari Park11:01 AM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Taliban hails US troop drawdown from Afghanistan10:29 AM | 17 Jan, 2021
- ATC sentences student to death for 'killing professor over anti-Islam ...10:02 AM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Coronavirus: Pakistan reports 2,521 new cases, 43 deaths09:21 AM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Live Open Market Foreign Currency Exchange Rates in Pakistan today - ...08:55 AM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Selena Gomez shares the reason behind calling out Mark Zuckerberg ...07:32 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Ayeza Khan celebrates 30th birthday04:22 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Details of Varun Dhawan-Natasha Dalal's wedding revealed03:58 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- COVID-19 – How many vaccine doses Pakistan and neighbouring ...08:34 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- 10 women celebs who lent their star power to UN06:50 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- #2020InReview – Pakistan's initiatives in the year 202010:55 PM | 4 Jan, 2021