No evidence of California attackers given directions by any terrorist group, says Obama
In a 14-minute address on Monday morning, he said this was an act of terrorism designed to kill innocent people and Islamic thoughts or beliefs have nothing to do with such acts. United States cannot keep a check on its citizens for being Muslim, he said.
He urged Americans not to single out Muslims, rather make them partners in the fight against terrorism. However Muslims seriously need to separate themselves from redicalised groups who are enemy to world's peace, Obama wen to to say.
"It would be the Muslims who will defeat Islamic State group through their religious thoughts which stress on peace," he added.
He said the United States and its allies are stepping up the fight against the Islamic State group.
He said the United States is working with allies, such as Britain and Germany to train and equip moderate rebels in Iraq and Syria.
- PDM workers storm Multan stadium ahead of Nov 30 rally11:49 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- OIC adopts Pakistan-sponsored resolution against Islamophobia11:36 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Mike Tyson returns to ring (Face-off VIDEO)11:22 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- #JusticeForKainat: AJK student found dead in Islamabad11:09 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- PM Imran says no pressure from Pakistan military10:40 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- CokeStudio 2020 lineup revealed06:10 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Zindagi Tamasha – Pakistan's first Oscar submission04:22 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Maryam Nafees tests positive for coronavirus12:01 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020