Sale 250,000 this year: China all set to become world's biggest electric car market
The China Association of Automobile Manufactures (CAAM) has forecast current sale will surpass the US to rank first worldwide.
Worldwide electric cars sales will hit 600,000 and the figure for the US market is estimated to be 180,000, said Xu Yanhua, deputy secretary-general of CAAM.
Although China has achieved rapid development in electric vehicles, quality instead of quantity should be focused on for the sustainable development of the industry, Xinhua news agency reported on Sunday citing Xu.
China's new energy vehicle sector has seen an explosive growth in the past two years, due to the government's support policies including subsidies and tax cuts.
In the first ten months, the sales of electric cars surged 290 percent year on year to 171,145, CAAM data showed.
- Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones (Result & unofficial stats)08:11 PM | 29 Nov, 2020
- Pakistan’s only woman referee officiates first national T20 ...07:43 PM | 29 Nov, 2020
- PM Imran visits ISI headquarters, briefed on national security07:10 PM | 29 Nov, 2020
- AirSial's first Airbus reaches Karachi airport (VIDEO)06:20 PM | 29 Nov, 2020
- ‘Loneliest elephant' Kaavan leave Pakistan for Cambodia today05:42 PM | 29 Nov, 2020
- CokeStudio 2020 lineup revealed06:10 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Zindagi Tamasha – Pakistan's first Oscar submission04:22 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Maryam Nafees tests positive for coronavirus12:01 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020