'German giants' keen to invest in Pakistan, says Martin Kobler
"German giants like Volkswagen and Siemens have shown desire to invest in Pakistan," the envoy said during a meeting with Special Assistant to Prime Minister (SAPM) on Overseas Pakistanis and Human Resource Development, Zulfikar Abbas Bukhari.
Both officials also discussed matters of bilateral interest with a special focus on importing manpower from Pakistan by creating job opportunities in Germany.
They also discussed the impact of Brexit and the dynamics of the labour market in Germany in the post-Brexit scenario.
The Ambassador said there was an emerging need of mechatronics experts in German industries, which would eventually prompt need for mechatronics experts from across the globe.
"German legislatures will pass laws for immigrant workers in March next year for the purpose," it added.
Bukhari assured the ambassador of providing maximum technical workforce required by Germany on priority.
Kobler Mets Usman Dar
Special Assistant to Prime Minister on Youth Affairs Muhammad Usman Dar and German Ambassador to Pakistan Martin Kobler Friday discussed ways to explore possible avenues for high-skilled Pakistani workforce in the German labor market.
He expressed his government’s strong commitment to investing in human resource development as per the need of the German labour market in order to grab maximum share of the German market for our youth, said a press release issued.
Pakistan is one of the youngest countries in the world, and second youngest in South Asia after Afghanistan.
Out of its total population of around 214 Million, 64% is below the age of 30.
Usman Dar expressed a firm belief in the huge potential of Pakistani youth as PTI Government accorded top priority to its empowerment through education, employment and engagement.
Muhammad Usman Dar thanked the German Ambassador for his country’s offer to modernize Pakistan’s Technical Education and Vocational Training (TEVT) sector through the technical intervention of GIZ, in order to make Pakistani skilled workforce competitive in the international labour market
- Punjab University makes entry test mandatory for admission in BS ...02:15 PM | 18 Aug, 2022
- Seven family members go missing after car swept away by flood in Sindh11:32 AM | 18 Aug, 2022
- Covid-19: Pakistan reports 578 news cases, two deaths in last 24 hours10:46 AM | 18 Aug, 2022
- Watch: Coke Studio hit 'Pasoori' gets African fusion in latest teaser10:10 AM | 18 Aug, 2022
- Maria B lauds Lahore school for removing trans activist Dr Mehrub ...09:56 PM | 17 Aug, 2022
- Meera shares 'words of wisdom' with fans09:06 PM | 17 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022