Nasir Jamshed: Pakistani cricketer gets 17 months in jail for PSL spot-fixing
LONDON – A court in United Kingdom on Friday sentenced former Pakistani opener Nasir Jamshed to 17 months in prison for his role in fixing Pakistan Super League (PSL) match in February 2017 in Dubai.
His friends Yousef Anwar and Mohammed Ijaz were sent to prison for three and two-and-a-half years respectively for conspiring to offer bribes to professional cricket players. They were taken into custody after the verdict was announced.
Jamshed had pleaded guilty to a conspiracy to bribe fellow cricketers as part of a T20 spot-fixing coup in December.
Pakistan's Nasir Jamshed charged with bribery in ... 06:37 PM | 20 Dec, 2018
MANCHESTER – Pakistan’s disgraced batsman Nasir Jamshed has been charged in Britain with bribery offences as part ...
Yousuf Anwar and Ijaz Shah had also confessed to offering financial advantages to the players during the Pakistan Super League.
Prosecutors had told the court that an undercover police officer had unearthed evidence by pretending to be a member of a corrupt betting syndicate.
The policeman’s efforts then led to the discovery of an attempted fix in the Bangladesh Premier League in 2016 and an actual fix in the PSL in February 2017.
In both cases, an opening batsman in the T20 tournaments had agreed to not score runs from the first two balls of an over in return for money.
- India bans Muslim gatherings but allows Hindu pilgrimage in occupied ...11:45 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 233,000 cases of coronavirus – 4,819 confirmed ...11:21 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Money laundering case – Shehbaz Sharif seeks exemption from ...11:15 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- China, India hold talks on border standoff11:05 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Elton John honoured with his own commemorative coin from Uk's Royal ...04:46 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- TikTok star Zulqarnain Sikandar all set to make his acting debut with ...02:45 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- Saroj Khan's family lived in Pakistan before the partition02:16 PM | 6 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020