Pakistan jump to third in ICC Test rankings
The Misbah-ul-Haq-led rode on Younis Khan's unbeaten 171 to script a seven-wicket win, chasing 378 at Pallekele on Tuesday, Cricket Country reported. The 2-1 triumph in the three-match series also got the visitors necessary points to be placed behind leaders Australia and South Africa in the rankings table.
New Zealand and India are placed fourth and fifth respectively. Sri Lanka, in contrast, have dropped four points and have slipped to 92 points, while retaining their seventh position overall.
The Ashes begins on Wednesday and England will not only be aiming to reclaim the Urn but also improve its ranking.
England are currently sitting in sixth position and a series win by 3-0 or better will move it to as high as second.
- Sindh govt to bear medical expenses of Liaquat Ali Khan’s ailing son11:58 PM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Aamir Liaquat faces police complaint over lashing out at traffic cop ...10:55 AM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Turkey imposes 10-day mandatory quarantine for travellers from ...10:14 AM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:15 AM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Falak takes Sarah on shopping spree (VIDEO)09:00 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Prince Charming - Mahira Khan's first look from upcoming webseries ...05:50 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Sharmila Faruqui lashes out at Ayeza Khan’s controversial scene ...05:21 PM | 2 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021