'Sin free Facebook' for Christians in Brazil
BRASILIA (Web Desk) - A group of Evangelical Christians in Brazil has launched a social network where swearing and erotic content in any form is completely banned.
The creators of Facegloria claim the site has attracted 100,000 members since its launch last month, reported BBC.
There are 600 words which are forbidden on the site and an 'Amen' button for expressing appreciation for a post.
"On Facebook you see a lot of violence and pornography. That's why we thought of creating a network where we could talk about God, love and to spread His word," said web designer Atilla Barros.
Facegloria is currently only available in Portuguese but other language services and a mobile app are also planned. Brazil has the world's largest Roman Catholic population.
- Abdul Qayyum Niazi: Who is the new PM of Azad Jammu & Kashmir?09:58 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Youm-e-Istehsal: Pakistanis, Kashmiris observe black day to condemn ...09:40 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Punjab makes Covid vaccination mandatory for school teachers, staff09:14 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- US military tests AI software that can predict events, enemy’s ...08:52 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Wife accuses Yo Yo Honey Singh of domestic violence05:34 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Aima Baig dances her heart out on sister’s mayoun (VIDEO)04:32 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Mahira Khan leaves fans thrilled with first teaser of ‘Prince ...04:01 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Kabul security team gets briefing on alleged abduction of Afghan ...11:34 AM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021