Obama, Putin push for progress on political transition in Syria
Both leaders spoke by telephone about the situations in Syria, Ukraine and Nagorno-Karabakh region.
The White House said the two presidents confirmed their commitment to defeating the Islamic State and the al-Nusra Front, the Syria-based al-Qaida affiliate.
They also pushed for sustained access to humanitarian aid for victims of the conflict.
The Kremlin said that Obama and Putin agreed to intensify military coordination between their two militaries in Syria.
The world leaders also discussed the conflict in Ukraine, with Obama urging Putin to take steps to end the escalation of fighting in eastern Ukraine.
- 'Imported govt' trying to spread fear throught arrests, Imran tells ...11:59 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- In a first, Pakistan adopts fastest growing sport Futsal11:24 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- PM Shehbaz renews his offer of a charter of economy11:01 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- #PehchaanKaRung a soul stirring DVC Starring renowned thespian ...10:42 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- At least three killed, five injured in North Waziristan IED blast10:24 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- Dananeer reveals Kubra Khan is recovering from surgery08:30 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- Hareem Shah hints at breakup in latest video09:29 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- Muneeb Butt finally comments on sister-in-law Minal Khan's Instagram ...09:59 PM | 13 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022