Obama, Putin push for progress on political transition in Syria
Both leaders spoke by telephone about the situations in Syria, Ukraine and Nagorno-Karabakh region.
The White House said the two presidents confirmed their commitment to defeating the Islamic State and the al-Nusra Front, the Syria-based al-Qaida affiliate.
They also pushed for sustained access to humanitarian aid for victims of the conflict.
The Kremlin said that Obama and Putin agreed to intensify military coordination between their two militaries in Syria.
The world leaders also discussed the conflict in Ukraine, with Obama urging Putin to take steps to end the escalation of fighting in eastern Ukraine.
- Aibak Polo Cup: Finals tomorrow11:59 PM | 26 Nov, 2022
- 6th Sheheryar Malik Memorial Pakistan Open Tennis Championship: ...11:40 PM | 26 Nov, 2022
- Azerbaijan allows tax-free import of Pakistani rice for five years11:37 PM | 26 Nov, 2022
- Punjab IT minister urges SBP to reverse its decision to suspend DCB ...10:42 PM | 26 Nov, 2022
- Tariq Teddy’s family gets Rs3 million cheque06:40 PM | 26 Nov, 2022
- Adnan Siddiqui asks Sajal Aly not to 'stoke unnecessary controversy' ...06:36 PM | 26 Nov, 2022
- Watch - Shehnaaz Gill wins hearts for consoling a weeping fan04:15 PM | 26 Nov, 2022
- Only two Pakistani universities make it to Asia’s top 10003:15 PM | 10 Nov, 2022
- Pakistanis named among 'The World's Most Influential 500 Muslims'10:16 PM | 2 Nov, 2022
- Shehbaz Sharif, Imran Khan, Gen Bajwa named among world’s 500 most ...10:36 PM | 1 Nov, 2022
- India falls behind Pakistan, Myanmar in Global Hunger Index02:30 PM | 16 Oct, 2022