Emirati businessman pays $4.9 million to be 'No. 1'
According to media reports, Arif Ahmad Al Zarouni, successfully bid for the number plate after paying eighteen times more than the reserved price.
He said that he was willing to pay more than 18 times to ensure that he had the best number plate in the Gulf state. “My ambition is always to be number one, I have no plan to win other numbers.”
Interestingly, $4.9 million bid is not the highest bid ever for a registration number. In 2008, $14.2 million was paid at an auction in Dubai for the number one plate.
- Baby’s head removed from body as Pakistani woman gives birth at ...01:51 AM | 28 Sep, 2021
- School holiday in Lahore today01:35 AM | 28 Sep, 2021
- Inzamam-ul-Haq in hospital after heart attack01:20 AM | 28 Sep, 2021
- Dr Zakir Naik takes to Facebook in search of wife for son12:12 AM | 28 Sep, 2021
- French President Macron comes under egg attack during visit to trade ...11:44 PM | 27 Sep, 2021
- Maryam Nawaz and Kubra Khan look stunning in similar outfits06:04 PM | 27 Sep, 2021
- Ertugrul actress Hande Subaşı's singing video goes viral04:25 PM | 27 Sep, 2021
- Alizeh Shah shares unseen childhood photo05:26 PM | 27 Sep, 2021