India faces ‘Sports Isolation’ after denying visas to Pakistani athletes
This is the first time armed forces of both the South Asian countries engaged in rare aerial display over the Line of Control (LoC), which divides the occupied region since they fought a full-scale war in 1971.
In a letter to all national federations, the UWW highlighted India’s response was against the central Olympic principle of non-discrimination against any athlete, which was akin to the statement released by the IOC.
The mandate was issued by the UWW in accordance with the IOC’s censure on India for denying visas to Pakistani athletes for the ISSF World Cup held New Delhi last month. The IOC had suspended discussions with India for hosting future global events.
Not only this, but general secretary of the world wrestling federation also said all contact with the Wrestling Federation of India (WFI) should be suspended until the Indian government doesn’t guarantee in writing, the issuance of visas, to all wrestlers.
Pakistan wrestling federation secretary, Arshad Sattar, termed the UWW sanction a ‘positive measure’. He said that previously Pakistani players were not allowed to participate in the event due to the non-issuance of visas.
How these thekedars of patriotism are forcing India to score SELF-GOALS!
"India can suffer SPORTS ISOLATION 'cos of denial of visas to Pakistani wrestlers"
— Sudheendra Kulkarni (@SudheenKulkarni) March 6, 2019
They rejected Visas of 2 Pakistani shooters with the intent of 'isolating Pakistan'. Sigh!
— Nawab Rashid Khan (@Rashidkhansial) March 5, 2019
With AIBA 'reportedly' taking away hosting rights of 2020 Asia-Oceania Oly boxing qualifiers & UWW asking all natl feds under it to stop communication with the Ind wrestling body, intl pressure on India grows after IOC decision to stall all talks following no visa to Pak shooters
— Jaspreet Sahni (@JaspreetSSahni) March 5, 2019
गांव बिधलान, सोनीपत में कीर्ति चक्र से सम्मानित शहीद कैप्टन दीपक शर्मा की याद में आयोजित कबड्डी प्रतियोगिता में शिरकत की और खिलाड़ियों को प्रोत्साहित कर सभी का हौसला बढ़ाया। pic.twitter.com/lY08wDqara
— Deepender S Hooda (@DeependerSHooda) March 5, 2019
- Man arrested for creating fake account of PM Shehbaz on Twitter02:50 PM | 23 May, 2022
- PM Shehbaz reappoints Dr Saeed Akhtar as PKLI chairman01:40 PM | 23 May, 2022
- Sarah Saeed - Meet the youngest BPS-22 officer of Pakistan01:00 PM | 23 May, 2022
- Resham slams Imran Khan over sexist remarks against Maryam Nawaz12:16 PM | 23 May, 2022
- Is Aamir Liaquat getting ready for fourth marriage? Here’s all you ...07:49 PM | 22 May, 2022
- Dollar hits all-time high at Rs19212:45 PM | 12 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022