WHO warns against rushed end to COVID-19 lockdowns
GENEVA - The World Health Organization (WHO) has warned that countries emerging from coronavirus related restrictions must proceed carefully or risk a rapid rise in new cases.
In a virtual briefing in Geneva, WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom said the risk of returning to lockdown remains very real if countries do not manage the transition carefully and in a phased approach.
WHO epidemiologist Maria Van Kerkhove said if lockdown measures are lifted too quickly, the virus can spread even more rapidly.
- PM Imran emphasized on integration of neglected areas, says Asim Bajwa10:40 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- PM Imran to virtually address UNGA session on Friday09:29 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- PM Imran lauds Chinese leadership for socio-economic priorities08:34 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- PIA raises airfares for Saudi Arabia flights by upto Rs49,00012:04 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- Cavit Çetin Güner and Sadia Khan follow each other on Instagram05:10 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- Emmys 2020: Jennifer Aniston hosts surprise ‘Friends‘ reunion04:07 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- Aiman Khan, Muneeb Butt celebrate Amal’s first birthday01:53 PM | 21 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020