Government places Ahsan Iqbal’s name on ECL
ISLAMABAD – The federal cabinet approved to put the name of Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) General Secretary Ahsan Iqbal’s name on the Exit Control List (ECL).
The federal cabinet gave the approval through a circulation summary. The interior ministry requested to put the PML-N leader’s on the ECL. The accountability court is currently holding a hearing against Ahsan Iqbal in the Narowal Sports City case.
Last year in November, the national graft buster filed the reference against the former federal minister. As per the NAB, the sports city project conceived on the instruction of Ahsan Iqbal without any feasibility in 1999 was initially approved at a cost of Rs34.74 million by the Central Development Working Party (CDWP), which Iqbal headed.
Ahsan Iqbal allegedly illegally directed the Pakistan Sports Board (PSB) and NESPAK to increase the project’s scope, enhancing the cost to Rs97.52 million, the NAB added.
- IMF defers sixth review of bailout package for Pakistan11:43 AM | 26 Jan, 2022
- Xulfi served Rs100 million notice over 'Tu Jhoom' copyright ...11:19 AM | 26 Jan, 2022
- PM Imran launches Naya Pakistan Sehat Card in Islamabad10:48 AM | 26 Jan, 2022
- Black Day: Kashmiris observe India's Republic Day with protests10:24 AM | 26 Jan, 2022
- 'Fight to the last ball': PM Imran gives advice to all teams in his ...09:52 AM | 26 Jan, 2022
- Watch: Mahmood Choudhry celebrates ‘princes’ Bakhtawar Bhutto’s ...08:22 PM | 25 Jan, 2022
- Shamoon Abbasi was offered a Bollywood film with Priyanka Chopra05:30 PM | 25 Jan, 2022
- Faryal Mehmood’s new dance video goes viral04:30 PM | 25 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021