NAB court orders auction of Ishaq Dar's assets
ISLAMABAD - An accountability court on Thursday rejected a request to stop auctioning off the assets of former finance minister Ishaq Dar. The plea was filed by Dar's wife, Tabassum Ishaq Dar.
Accountability court judge Mohammad Bashir announced the decision that the petitioner failed to substantiate her claim that Dar had gifted the house to her.
Earlier, the court had ordered that Ishaq Dar's assets to be seized and then auctioned off after he failed to appear for several hearings in a corruption case against him.
NAB will be auctioning off his assets, including Hajvery House, Dar's Gulberg III H Block property that is spread over four kanals, three plots in Lahore's Al-Falah Housing Society, six acres in Mauza Milot, a two-kanal plot in Islamabad's Parliamentarian Enclave, three Land Cruisers, two MercedesBenz and one Toyota Corolla.
The court, however, deferred the decision on her plea for permission to withdraw money from Dar's accounts. The court will announce the decision on November 13.
- LHC adjourns Rana Sanaullah's bail plea in drug case till Dec 1707:42 PM | 12 Dec, 2019
- India's supremacist agenda will lead to massive bloodshed, warns PM ...07:23 PM | 12 Dec, 2019
- COAS Bajwa lauds professional achievements of PAF, PAC05:54 PM | 12 Dec, 2019
- Social media users condemn lawyers' attack at Punjab Institute of ...01:30 PM | 12 Dec, 2019
- Game of Thrones ranked as 2019's most searched drama in US12:55 PM | 12 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019