NAB court orders auction of Ishaq Dar's assets
ISLAMABAD - An accountability court on Thursday rejected a request to stop auctioning off the assets of former finance minister Ishaq Dar. The plea was filed by Dar's wife, Tabassum Ishaq Dar.
Accountability court judge Mohammad Bashir announced the decision that the petitioner failed to substantiate her claim that Dar had gifted the house to her.
Earlier, the court had ordered that Ishaq Dar's assets to be seized and then auctioned off after he failed to appear for several hearings in a corruption case against him.
NAB will be auctioning off his assets, including Hajvery House, Dar's Gulberg III H Block property that is spread over four kanals, three plots in Lahore's Al-Falah Housing Society, six acres in Mauza Milot, a two-kanal plot in Islamabad's Parliamentarian Enclave, three Land Cruisers, two MercedesBenz and one Toyota Corolla.
The court, however, deferred the decision on her plea for permission to withdraw money from Dar's accounts. The court will announce the decision on November 13.
- Newly built hospital to help Pakistan fight against COVID-19 ...04:16 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan’s earns US $ 1176 mln from IT services’ export04:03 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Chairman Senate Sadiq Sanjrani announces to contest election for IPU ...01:22 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Meghan Markle, Priyanka Chopra, Michelle Obama to speak at UN's ...11:55 AM | 10 Jul, 2020
- I will not no longer do item songs in films: Sadaf Sabzwari11:45 AM | 10 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020