Legendary star "Dilip Kumar suffering from pneumonia" confirms wife Saira Banu
MUMBAI - Veteran Bollywood actor Dilip Kumar has been admitted to a hospital in Mumbai following complications of a chest infection.
The actor has been diagnosed with mild pneumonia, his wife Saira Banu confirmed this news to the media. “He is doing better now. The medical reports are saying a small patch of pneumonia is there. God willing, he will be out of it soon. But he is doing fine,” said Gopi movie star .
According to reports, the 95-year-old actor was taken to Lilavati Hospital in Mumbai. The news was shared on Dilip Kumar’s official Twitter account. It was tweeted that the actor had to be admitted after he felt some breathlessness because of a chest infection.
.@TheDilipKumar has been admitted to Lilavati after he complained of breathlessness. Due to advance age, Saab has been routinely visiting the hospital for overall health care and health management. 1/2— Faisal Farooqui (@FAISALmouthshut) September 5, 2018
Due to his advanced age, he has been visiting the Bandra hospital for improvement in his overall health and well-being. For now, the actor has been kept under observation and tests are being done to diagnose the exact cause of breathlessness is.
Dilip Kumar had entertained the audience with more than 65 films over six decades in movies such as Devdas (1955), Naya Daur (1957), Mughal-e-Azam (1960), Ganga Jamuna (1961), Kranti (1981) and many more.
The veteran actor was also given an honorary award by Pakistan honoured the Nishan-e-Imtiaz, in 1997.
- Huawei allowed to play limited role in building UK's 5G network10:27 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan ex-skipper Sarfraz Ahmed blessed with baby girl09:04 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan set to launch first-ever national emigration policy08:24 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Federal cabinet rejects Mushtaq Mahar's name as Sindh IGP after ...08:06 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Drinking water case: SC dissolves Sindh Water Commission06:59 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Ayeza Khan says she wanted to redefine the role of a 'heroine' ...03:25 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019