Taliban name Hasan Akund as Taliban govt head in Afghanistan
KABUL – Nearly 20 years after being toppled by the US-led forces, the Taliban on Tuesday unveiled the acting government of Afghanistan.
Taliban spokesperson Zabihullah Mujahid announced the "interim" government and names of cabinet members. He said that Mohammad Hasan Akhund has been appointed as interim prime minister while Mullah Abdul Ghani Baradar will be deputy leader of the Taliban government.
The development comes days after the Taliban took control of Panjshir, the last holdout Afghan province.
Hidayattullah Badari has been named as finance minister, Zabihullah Mujahid as vice information minister, Sirajuddin Haqqani as interior minister, Mohammad Yaqub Mujahid as Defence minister and Sheikhullah Munir has been made education minister.
The group's spokesperson said that the names for other ministries will be unveiled later.
Mujahid said that Afghanistan had achieved freedom, adding that no one will be allowed to interfere in Afghanistan from today.
He said that only the will of Afghan people will be applicable in the country.
Responding to a question, the spokesperson said the country will now be called the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan.
Meanwhile, acting Prime Minister Mohammad Hasan Akhund in a statement congratulated Afghans for the withdrawal of all foreign forces from the country.
He said that the members of the interim government will work with dedication to uphold Islamic law in the country, protect its borders and ensure pace and development.
All governance and life in the country will henceforth be in accordance with Islamic law, Akhund said.
He said that the Taliban desired strong and health ties with all countries based on mutual respect.
"We are committed to all international laws and treaties, resolutions and commitments that are not in conflict with Islamic law and the country's national values," Dawn News quoted Akhund as saying.
Male and female students segregated by curtains ... 03:17 PM | 7 Sep, 2021
KABUL – Academic session in the universities in war-torn Afghanistan has resumed while the curtains have been ...
- FM Qureshi arrives in Iran to attend Afghanistan moot03:52 PM | 26 Oct, 2021
- T20 World Cup: Hilarious memes storm Twitter ahead of PAKvNZ match03:32 PM | 26 Oct, 2021
- First Lady Bushra Bibi's daughter ties the knot in Madinah, couple's ...03:27 PM | 26 Oct, 2021
- UBL continues to have a stellar 2021; 9M profits of Rs 39 billion, up ...02:50 PM | 26 Oct, 2021
- Abrar-ul-Haq and Saba Qamar win hearts with hilarious version of ...12:35 PM | 26 Oct, 2021
- Indian cricketers jump to Shami's defense amid intense online trolling06:10 PM | 25 Oct, 2021
- Mira Sethi questions the definition of masculinity that targets ...07:15 PM | 25 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021