Promoting peace with Punjabi at Visakhi Mela
The colorful Spring Festival was organised by Punjabi Parchar at Alhamra yesterday. Provincial Education Minister Rana Mashhood Ali Khan was the chief guest of the occasion.
“Like the cultures of other provinces are promoted through local dresses and other traditional items, we will continue our struggle to keep the Punjabi culture alive,” Mashhood told the gathering in a jam-packed hall.
The Punjab government will also make special arrangements to include Punjabi language as a compulsory subject on school and college level, the minister said. “For this purpose, the government will also move a motion in Punjab Assembly,” he added.
Punjabi Parchar director Ahmad Raza, who stressed the need of making Punjabi a compulsory subject on secondary level, said the Punjabi language also needs to be promoted to help overcome extremism, as it is the language of Sufi saints.
“Punjab is a land of peaceful people who share a common language, and live in harmony without any discrimination of caste, creed, religion or colour,” Mr Raza added.
At the end of the ceremony, awards were distributed among cricketer Imran Nazir, Deep Syeda, Nadeem Abbas, Afzal Sehar, Baba Najmi, Iftikhar Thakur, Syed Noor, Shaukat Ali, Rashid Mehmood, Amjad Karim Randhawa, Dr Ishtiaq Ahmad and Surraya Khanum.
- Pakistan rejects RSS chief's provocative, irresponsible remarks on ...12:32 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- KMC launches drive-in cinema in Karachi’s Clifton11:56 AM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Local Government Amendment bill passed amid ruckus in Sindh Assembly11:28 AM | 27 Nov, 2021
- AGP detects financial irregularities of Rs40bn in PM's Covid relief ...10:53 AM | 27 Nov, 2021
- BANvPAK: Hasan Ali takes 5-51 for Pakistan as Bangladesh all out for ...10:28 AM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Pakistani stars heartbroken after rare white lion dies at Karachi Zoo05:22 PM | 26 Nov, 2021
- Latest video of TikTok star Alishbah Anjum’s takes the internet by ...03:57 PM | 26 Nov, 2021
- Hania Aamir's new dance video goes viral03:22 PM | 26 Nov, 2021