Remembering classical singer Asad Amanat Ali on 12th death anniversary
Asad Amanat Ali Khan was born on September 25, 1955, in the renowned Patiala Gharana of musicians, in Lahore. He was engaged with classical music from his earliest years, recording his first song at the age of ten.
His great grandfather Ali Buksh Khan, the founder of the Patiala Gharana, passed on his legacy to Akhter Hussain, who then transferred the gift and training to his sons Fateh Ali Khan, Amanat Ali Khan, and Hamid Ali Khan. Amanat Ali Khan passed on the torch to his son, Asad Amanat Ali Khan.
Asad was never really interested in academics, and therefore joined a private institution and began singing professionally after completing his FA.
He started his musical career by performing Thumri and then went on to record some of his most popular Punjabi numbers and ghazals, such as Umra lagian, Zara zara, Kal chaudwin ki Raat, and Ghar wapas jab.
One of the songs that he performed in almost every concert, arguably his father (Ustad Amanat Ali Khan`s) biggest hit, was Insha ji utho.
Asad worked for Pakistan Television for several years. Nisar Bazmi, composer and PTV producer, who passed away in 2007, gave him his first break, introducing the artist to the world on live television.
He retained his affiliation with television through the years, recording over 1,000 songs. Asad also contributed to the Pakistani film industry, featuring on a number of soundtracks. Moreover, he caught the attention of Bollywood and contributed soundtracks there too.
Asad Amanat Ali was also famous for his soz-o-salam recitations in Urdu describing the events of Karbala during Ashura in Muharram and appeared on many radio and television specials about Karbala over the years before his death.
Like his father, Asad was given the president`s award for Pride of Performance. The government of Pakistan acknowledged Asad Amanat Ali Khan`s immense contribution to Pakistani music by awarding him the Pride of Performance on March 23, 2007.
- Javed Afridi meets PM Imran to discuss of foreign direct investment ...11:11 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- NAB summons Fazlur Rehman’s son-in-law to declare assets10:37 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- COAS Bajwa congratulates Nepalese climbers for first winter ascent of ...09:32 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- A paper tiger? PML-N's Rana Sanaullah 'roars' at Lahore court (VIDEO)08:22 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Mufti Abdul Qavi declared 'a mental patient' amid Hareem Shah ...08:00 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- WATCH – Sara Ali Khan swings into the weekend with style in Maldives03:56 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Pakistanis plan an ‘Urdu Mushaira’ outside Islamabad café as ...03:34 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Cannoli café manager gets job offers from Shahbaz Taseer and Karak ...05:59 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021