'Pakistan eases restrictions on movement of cargo trucks, containers at Torkhum, Chaman crossing points'
ISLAMABAD - Pakistan on Wednesday decided to facilitate the movement of cargo trucks and containers to cross-over into Afghanistan through Torkham and Chaman border crossing points thrice a week (on Monday, Wednesday and Friday) from April 10, 2020, onwards.
The decision was taken in response to Afghanistan Government’s special request and based on humanitarian considerations, a Foreign Office statement issued here said.
According to the statement, this step was being taken following consultations and coordination between both sides as per agreed-upon protocols.
“As a neighbor and in view of fraternal relations, Pakistan remains in abiding solidarity with the people of Afghanistan, particularly at this time of the global pandemic,” the statement concluded.
- PPP Senator Maula Bakhsh Chandio, family members contract coronavirus11:46 PM | 2 Jun, 2020
- Coronavirus — World’s largest Muslim nation cancels haj ...10:46 PM | 2 Jun, 2020
- Lockdown caused huge losses to tourism industry, says KP minister09:31 PM | 2 Jun, 2020
- Facebook launches ‘Manage Activity’ to archive or delete past ...09:07 PM | 2 Jun, 2020
- Shahroz Sabzwari responds to backlash regarding his second marriage ...01:06 PM | 2 Jun, 2020
- Sakina Samo, Rubina Ashraf test positive for coronavirus12:18 PM | 2 Jun, 2020
- Ariana Grande, Shawn Mendes, and others participate in Black Lives ...11:58 AM | 2 Jun, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020