'Safety Check' activated by Facebook after Quetta Blast
The safety check feature lets you notify your friends about your safety, in case of any such disaster.
The blast ,which has killed 63, took place after several lawyers brought the dead body of the President of Balochistan Bar Association, Bilal Kasi, for autopsy after he was gunned down on Mannu Jan road.
Earlier in March, after the suicide attack on Gulshan-e-Iqbal park Lahore, Facebook mistakenly activated safety check notifications for users all around the world including North America, Austria, Israel, and UAE.
The Facebook notification had no mention of the area of explosion and only read “Have you been affected by the blast?”
This feature first appeared after Fukushima tsunami in Japan and is designed to ask users about their safety after any unfortunate event takes place in a particular area.
- PNS Badar: Pakistan Navy launches MILGEM-class ship09:12 PM | 20 May, 2022
- LIVE: Ex-PM Imran Khan addresses public gathering in Multan08:42 PM | 20 May, 2022
- Zameen.com organises first edition of Pakistan Property Event in Qatar08:05 PM | 20 May, 2022
- Nora Fatehi and Kriti Sanon jump onto the ‘Pasoori’ bandwagon06:32 PM | 20 May, 2022
- TikToker Dolly's new dance video goes viral05:30 PM | 20 May, 2022
- Dollar hits all-time high at Rs19212:45 PM | 12 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022