Harry Potter's author defends casting Johnny Depp in 'Fantastic Beasts 2'
JK Rowling said, " Harry Potter fans had legitimate questions and concerns about our choice to continue with Johnny Depp in the role. As David Yates, long-time Potter director, has already said, we naturally considered the possibility of recasting. I understand why some have been confused and angry about why that didn’t happen."
She continued, "The agreements that have been put in place to protect the privacy of two people, both of whom have expressed a desire to get on with their lives, must be respected. The filmmakers and I are not only comfortable sticking with our original casting but genuinely happy to have Johnny playing a major character in the movies."
The marriage of Depp and heard hand ended bitterly with allegations of domestic abuse and blackmail on Depp. In August 2016 after having reached a private settlement, They both had issued a joint statement saying that their relationship was "intensely passionate and at times volatile but always bound by love", along with that there was "never any intent of physical or emotional harm."
Warner Bros. have supported the decision to keep Johnny Depp for the role, in a statement issued on Thursday.
- PITB to automate Punjab Journalists Housing Foundation: Agreement ...08:45 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- UK removes Pakistan from its red list08:30 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- New Zealand PM issues statement after Black Caps backing out of ...08:25 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- Cricket world hits back at New Zealand for cancelling tour07:50 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- Zameen.com signs on as sales and marketing partner for T Square in ...07:25 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- Malala proud of Angelina Jolie for writing a book for children04:55 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- Dur-e-Fishan and Danish Taimoor pair up for upcoming drama Ishq e ...04:30 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- Alka Yagnik super excited for Imran Abbas's new drama serial 'Amanat'04:12 PM | 17 Sep, 2021