Indian National Crime Records Bureau reveals alarming increase in rape incidents
NEW DELHI – India’s National Crime Records Bureau, data shows an alarming increase in the incidents of rape in the country.
According to the data, more than thirty thousand women were raped an average of some 90 rapes a day in 2017.
India's Uttar Pradesh state has become notorious for its poor record regarding crimes against women. More than 4,200 cases of rape were reported there in 2017, the highest in the country.
Reports believe that the real figure is far higher as many women in India do not report cases to police due to fear or shame, the Radio Pakistan reported.
The NCRB data also shows that more than 90 percent of cases of crimes against women are pending in courts across the country.
- Japan extends grant assistance worth 318m JPY to Pakistan09:15 AM | 7 Aug, 2020
- PM Imran welcomes UNSC members for again taking up IIOJ&K dispute08:35 AM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Shan Masood, Muhammad Abbas uplift Pakistan in first England Test12:59 AM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Coronavirus — Public sector schools opened in KP11:45 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- Independence Day — PIA announces major cut in fares09:38 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- Indian TV actor Sameer Sharma dies by suicide03:26 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- Angelina Jolie wants reconciliation between Brad Pitt and kids02:57 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- I had an inferiority complex and grew up applying fairness creams: ...01:31 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020