Indian National Crime Records Bureau reveals alarming increase in rape incidents
NEW DELHI – India’s National Crime Records Bureau, data shows an alarming increase in the incidents of rape in the country.
According to the data, more than thirty thousand women were raped an average of some 90 rapes a day in 2017.
India's Uttar Pradesh state has become notorious for its poor record regarding crimes against women. More than 4,200 cases of rape were reported there in 2017, the highest in the country.
Reports believe that the real figure is far higher as many women in India do not report cases to police due to fear or shame, the Radio Pakistan reported.
The NCRB data also shows that more than 90 percent of cases of crimes against women are pending in courts across the country.
- Senators express concern over wheat shortage, price hike10:40 PM | 20 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan Army airlifts 22 LUMS students trapped in Gilgit snow08:02 PM | 20 Jan, 2020
- Govt allows duty-free import of wheat to tackle crisis07:35 PM | 20 Jan, 2020
- PSL 2020 tickets to go up for sale tonight07:08 PM | 20 Jan, 2020
- Tourism industry sets to take off after govt embraces digitization07:06 PM | 20 Jan, 2020
- Hira Mani thanks fans for showering her with love01:38 PM | 20 Jan, 2020
- Fahad Mustafa lauds Humayun Saeed for his acting in MPTH01:24 PM | 20 Jan, 2020
- Sarmad Khoosat considers withdrawing Zindagi Tamasha after hundreds ...01:01 PM | 20 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019