Pakistani professor, 70, remarries at grand ceremony arranged by grandchildren
The news of a 70 years old professor’s second marriage, which was set up by his children and grandchildren, has gone viral on the mainstream and social media in Pakistan.
Prof Gulzar tied the knot for the second time at a traditional ceremony in Islamabad years after his first wife passed away. The lavish celebrations were organised by the families of the bride and the groom and attended by a large number of guests. The pre-wedding ceremonies lasted for several weeks with Prof Gulzar’s children and grandchildren fully enjoying the occasion.
“This is me, this is our grandfather and we are setting up his marriage,” said Gulzar's granddaughter.
Prof Gulzar’s sons were worried for him after his wife’s death, but now they are hopeful that his marriage will eliminate his sense of loneliness.
The 70-year-old candidly revealed that becoming a groom again was a far cry from what he dreamed of, but his children started a campaign to get him married again.
Bride Nuzhat Yasmeen talked in detail about how the marriage became a reality. She said, “I am the choice of Gulzar’s daughter-in-law Zainab. I just want to say wish me a happy marital life.”
A brief meeting led to an agreement on both sides and the rest is history. As soon as Yasmeen agreed to make Prof Gulzar her life partner, the two families worked together to set up the wedding ceremony.
Veteran actors Samina Ahmed and Manzar Sehbai tied the knot at an intimate ceremony last year. Both tied the knot at the age of 70.
Despite the old age marriage trend clashing with society's cultural norms, the fans welcomed the new celebrity warmly.
Indian man sues in-laws for duping him to marry ... 03:58 PM | 30 Jun, 2021
KANPUR: A man in the Uttar Pradesh state of India filed an FIR against his in-laws for deceiving him as he discovered ...
- Pakistan's foreign exchange reserves fall below $8 billion11:16 PM | 6 Oct, 2022
- WWF-Pakistan hosts international conference to tackle fisheries ...10:52 PM | 6 Oct, 2022
- Al-Ghazi Tractors launches 2023 models in Pakistan10:39 PM | 6 Oct, 2022
- PAKvBAN – Pakistan to take on Bangladesh in tri-series opener ...10:00 PM | 6 Oct, 2022
- Tuba Anwar's latest fun reels win the internet08:37 PM | 6 Oct, 2022
- Uorfi Javed slams Shehnaaz Gill for supporting #MeToo accused Sajid ...06:33 PM | 6 Oct, 2022
- Abdullah Qureshi bids farewell to music for religious reasons03:45 PM | 6 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022