US teen jailed for murder of Pakistani Uber Eats driver
WASHINGTON, D.C. – A 14-year-old-girl who killed a Pakistani-origin Uber Eats driver during a botched carjacking has been sentenced to seven years in a juvenile prison after pleading guilty to murder.
Mohammad Anwar was killed when two girls, then aged 13 and 15, tried to steal his car in Washington DC in March this year, killing him in the process.
Both girls, who cannot be named for legal reasons, were charged with murder. The 14-year-old, who was 13 at the time of the incident, was handed the maximum possible sentence at a hearing on Tuesday. The 15-year-old received the same sentence and will be released at the age of 21.
Anwar, who lived in Virginia, was at his delivery job for an online food order when he died after the girls tried to drive away in his car with him clinging to the side. The 66-year-old, who left behind three children and a wife, suffered numerous broken bones and severe head trauma to which he succumbed later.
Pakistani Uber Eats driver killed by teen ... 02:28 PM | 29 Mar, 2021
WASHINGTON – Two teenage girls have been charged for killing a Pakistani origin Uber eats driver, who has been ...
The family of Anwar said ‘Anwar was a beloved husband, father, grandfather, uncle, and friend who always provided a smile when you needed one’ Adding that words cannot describe how our family is feeling currently. Devastation, confusion, shock, anger, heartache, and anguish are just a few that come to mind, the statement further added.
- realme C25Y makes a comeback on an amazing price of Rs28,99904:35 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- IHC larger bench discharges contempt notice against ex-PM Imran Khan02:15 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Shahnawaz Amir’s remand extended in Sarah Inam murder case01:34 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- CM Pervez Elahi inaugurates Punjab Ehsaas Rashan Riayat Programme12:47 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...11:53 AM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Ali Sethi and Shae Gill take 'Pasoori' to live concert in London07:00 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Naimal Khawar's post workout glow leaves fans stunned09:02 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Hira Mani and Rahim Pardesi's new song 'Mera Naam' is out now08:35 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- US cipher is a reality, says PTI05:20 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022