Pak-Afghan border at Chaman opened for pedestrians’s movement
ISLAMABAD – “Bab-e-Dosti” at Pak-Afghan border in Chaman was opened for pedestrians' movement from today (Friday), with consensus of Pakistan and Afghanistan governments.
According to an official handout of provincial government, the border will remain open seven days a week for pedestrians' movement.
The Friendship Gate was closed for six consecutive months due to lockdown imposed by the government to prevent the spread of the coronavirus.
On August 12, the border crossing at Chaman was reopened for trade after it was closed in late July following a clash at the border.
The border was opened after both countries held talks. However, pedestrian traffic on the border remained suspended.
- Indian journalist arrested for ‘passing sensitive information to ...08:21 AM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Suzuki likely to unveil 9th Generation Alto this year11:48 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan to create tech-based farms to promote exports11:04 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan’s UN envoy Munir intensified efforts to accomplish ...09:57 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- Queen Elizabeth strips disgraced Harvey Weinstein of top royal honour02:43 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- Asim Abbasi apologises for copying French artist Malika Favre's work ...02:30 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy roped in to co-direct a Marvel film01:48 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020