COVID-19 – Pakistan may delay reopening of cinemas, indoor weddings and dining
ISLAMABAD – The National Command and Operations Center (NCOC) is considering postponing the reopening of cinemas, indoor weddings and dining in the restaurants as Covid-19 cases witnessed surge following ease in restrictions.
NCOC Chief Asad Umar chaired a meeting to discuss updates from the provinces on rising positivity and corresponding actions, vaccination progress, and national vaccine strategy. Provincial representatives participated in the meeting through video link.
The authorities expressed their concerns over the resurgence of novel coronavirus cases across Pakistan. It further directed the provincial administrations to ensure strict enforcement of NPIs at the grassroots level to stern the disease spread as looseness in adhering to safety guidelines would trigger another wave.
NCOC also decided to revisit school opening modalities in the prevailing rising trend of positivity in its next morning session.
- Afghan peace conference in Turkey postponed as Taliban balk01:14 PM | 21 Apr, 2021
- Son of former Chief Justice survives assassination bid in Karachi12:58 PM | 21 Apr, 2021
- Pakistan installs first high speed 4G mobile tower at K2 base camp11:12 AM | 21 Apr, 2021
- PM Imran breaks ground of Jalozai housing scheme during KP visit ...10:34 AM | 21 Apr, 2021
- Ertugrul star Engin Altan flaunts his surfing skills in new viral ...03:29 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Umer Sharif’s birthday bash hosted by Nida and Yasir02:55 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021