Pakistan reports 9 deaths, 583 new cases of COVID-19
ISLAMABAD – The total active COVID-19 cases in Pakistan have recorded 8,015 as 583 more people tested positive for the deadly virus during the last 24 hours.
Nine coronavirus patients, who were under treatment in hospital died on Wednesday, according to the latest update issued by the National command and Operation Centre (NCOC).
No COVID affected person was on ventilator in Azad Jammu and Kashmir (AJK) and Balochistan, while 76 ventilators elsewhere in Pakistan, out of 1,912 allocated for COVID-19 patients, were occupied.
Some 31,168 tests were conducted across the country on Wednesday, including 9,094 in Sindh, 10,712 in Punjab, 3,797 in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP), 5,398 in Islamabad Capital Territory (ICT), 1,274 in Balochistan, 444 in Gilgit Baltistan (GB), and 449 in Azad Jammu and Kashmir (AJK).
Around 302,375 people have recovered from the disease so far across Pakistan making it a significant count with over 90 percent recovery ratio of the affected patients.
Since the pandemic outbreak, a total of 316,934 cases were detected so far, including AJK 2,937, Balochistan 15,460, GB 3,886, ICT 17,009, KP 38175, Punjab 100,272 and Sindh 139,195.
About 6,544 deaths were recorded in country since the eruption of the contagion, including 2,535 Sindh among 4 died in hospital on Wednesday, 2,247 in Punjab two of them died in hospital on Wednesday, 1,263 in KP, 187 in ICT three of them in hospital on Wednesday, 146 in Balochistan, 89 in GB and 77 in AJK.
A total of 3,761,389 coronavirus tests have been conducted so far, while 735 hospitals are equipped with COVID facilities. Some 744 patients were admitted in hospitals across the country.
- Major university in Islamabad closed down after Covid-19 positive ...11:49 PM | 26 Oct, 2020
- ‘Wedding celebrations’ — Video of Kashmala Tariq dancing to ...11:07 PM | 26 Oct, 2020
- Pakistan to propose March 15 declared as Int’l Day against ...09:26 PM | 26 Oct, 2020
- Punjab decides to raise wheat support price to Rs160008:46 PM | 26 Oct, 2020
- Turkish President Erdogan urges boycott of French products07:49 PM | 26 Oct, 2020
- Undefeated UFC fighter Khabib Nurmagomedov announces retirement after ...10:31 AM | 25 Oct, 2020
- Scarlett Johansson to star in 'Bride' for Apple, A2404:06 PM | 24 Oct, 2020
- IN PICS: Sana Javed, Umair Jaswal share unseen shots of their Nikkah03:08 PM | 24 Oct, 2020
- FIA arrests ‘RAW spy’ involved in target killings, bombings from ...04:14 PM | 25 Oct, 2020
- PM Imran slams France's Macron for deliberately provoking Muslims02:46 PM | 25 Oct, 2020
- 15 men gang-raped, filmed teenage sisters in Punjab02:16 PM | 25 Oct, 2020
- Karachi police chief tests positive for coronavirus01:21 PM | 25 Oct, 2020