Shehbaz Sharif renews calls for parliamentary commission probe into electoral rigging
'Imran Khan had himself called for a parliamentary commission to investigate the rigging allegations in the last general elections, however, three weeks have passed but no notification has been issued,' Shehbaz told media while addressing a press conference on Saturday.
Branding the incumbent premier, the product of rigging, the PML-N president vowed that the opposition alliance would work for the formation of a commission, hoping that no new 'u-turn' would be taken this time.
He also took aim at the government for jacking up gas prices, saying such rise was not recorded in the history.
'We will not allow the government to met out oppression,' asserted the lawmaker.
'The electricity prices were slashed due to the projects launched by the previous PML-N government,' claimed the legislator.
The younger Sharif underscored the need for dams to store water, however, hastened to add that there was no need to collect funds from the public as the investors would automatically contribute.
"We spent Rs122 billion for the construction of Basha Dam. There should be no delay in power production through Basha Dam," said the politician.
The PML-N leader claimed that as many as 566 vehicles were put up for auction by the PML-N regime, however, such show off was not displayed at the time.
He challenged that the incumbent govt can conduct a financial audit of Lahore, Multan, Islamabad and Rawalpindi but should not hesitate from auditing the Peshawar Metro Bus project.
The PML-N president also slammed the new government's decision to terminate the laptop scheme.
"Laptops were not given to politicians or the rich but to students who achieved top scores and needed them," he highlighted.
The PML-N leader also flayed the PTI government for not being able to provide a rousing welcome to Chinese Foreign Minister, Wang Yi, saying China was Pakistan's all-weather friend and so the reception should have been improved.
- Javed Afridi meets PM Imran to discuss of foreign direct investment ...11:11 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- NAB summons Fazlur Rehman’s son-in-law to declare assets10:37 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- COAS Bajwa congratulates Nepalese climbers for first winter ascent of ...09:32 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- A paper tiger? PML-N's Rana Sanaullah 'roars' at Lahore court (VIDEO)08:22 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Mufti Abdul Qavi declared 'a mental patient' amid Hareem Shah ...08:00 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- WATCH – Sara Ali Khan swings into the weekend with style in Maldives03:56 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Pakistanis plan an ‘Urdu Mushaira’ outside Islamabad café as ...03:34 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Cannoli café manager gets job offers from Shahbaz Taseer and Karak ...05:59 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021