Élan’s limited edition exotic handbag collection makes social media say "ANIMAL CRUELTY" out loud
Millions of lizards, alligators, crocodiles and other reptiles are violently killed every year so that their skins can be sold at prices shooting sky high. However while some were curious about prices, others wanted to place orders but a minority spoke up against the promotion of this line of bags/clutches.
One Facebook user caught our eye, she makes the most sense here. She makes other women aware of the procedure adopted prior to the sale of animal skin.
"Beyond disgusting. Such animal cruelty!!! I’m horrified." said one more. "Ammar bilal used to have ostrich leather purses in his shop once upon a time. 2lakh+ ka bag. Zaalim log. Qabar may lay k jayengay paisay" wrote another.
These exotic items, according to theory, sell to only 2 percent of the entire population. They represent the luxury market. Top retailers such as Topshop, Ann Taylor, Adidas, H&M, and Victoria’s Secret have vowed to steer clear of exotic skins.
However, Elan has earlier been criticized for this line of skin in 2016, this is the second time it is under fire for it's choice of product.
Let us now have a look at the true horror that leads to such exotic items.
- BISE Lahore to announce matric results today09:58 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Pakistan reports drop in COVID cases with 893 new infections09:37 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:13 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Petrol price crosses Rs137 per litre as govt announces new rates08:55 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 16 October 202108:38 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Saba Qamar drops the first look from upcoming project 'Serial Killer'04:47 PM | 15 Oct, 2021