Meda Jism Vi Toon, Meda Rooh Vi Toon: Pathanay Khan remembered
The famous singer was born in 1926 in the village Basti Tambu Wali‚ situated in the heart of the Thal Desert‚ several miles from Kot Addu.
He mostly sang Kafis and Ghazals (traditional forms of poetry) which were largely based on the Sufi poetry of Khwaja Ghulam Farid and Shah Hussain. He was totally devoted to Khwaja Farid and gave his own deeper meaning to Khwaja Sahib’s poetry through his style and spirit of singing.
Pathanay Khan introduced many great‚ but unknown poets of the Saraiki belt through his dhohras (traditional folk poems) that appeared as a preamble to Kafis.
He died after a protracted illness at his native town of Kot Addu on Thursday March 9‚ 2000. He was buried in his native graveyard in Kot Addu.
Pathanay Khan was also given the President’s Award for Pride of Performance.
- PCB’s medical chief resigns after PSL 6 marred with COVID-1907:12 PM | 6 Mar, 2021
- Hafeez Shaikh decides not to resign as finance minister after PM ...06:10 PM | 6 Mar, 2021
- PTI asks ECP to withhold victory notification of Yousaf Raza Gillani05:45 PM | 6 Mar, 2021
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui's wife wishes to reconcile for their children04:21 PM | 6 Mar, 2021
- Pakistan’s first OTT platform UrduFlix is now live03:52 PM | 6 Mar, 2021
- 10 celebrities who are left-handed05:11 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021