PM Imran chairs meeting to review impact of COVID-19 pandemic on country's economy
ISLAMABAD - Prime Minister Imran Khan has emphasized that out of the box solutions are required to meet the present day economic challenges in the wake of COVID-19 pandemic.
Chairing a meeting to review the economic situation and future outlook of the economy in the wake of COVID-19 situation in Islamabad, the premier appreciated the efforts of the Finance Ministry to ensure financial discipline and provision of relief during the COVID-19 situation.
He emphasized that greater attention should be paid to supporting small and medium sector enterprises and the agriculture sector enabling them to create greater job opportunities for the people.
PM Imran said the process of reforming public sector organizations should be expedited to plug leakages of the economy.
Discussing future economic outlook, the Prime Minister said all efforts should be made to provide maximum possible relief to the people.
During the meeting, a detailed presentation was made by the Finance Ministry about the overall situation and the performance of various macroeconomic indicators during the last nine months of the current financial year.
- Three Pakistani soldiers martyred in Balochistan terrorist attack09:49 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan stands by Turkey against FETO threat, Imran tells Erdogan09:29 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- UAE’s Covid-19 vaccine enters final testing stage09:25 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Pakistani university announces fee waiver for Spring semester amid ...09:18 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Coronavirus – Punjab extends lockdown till July 3009:03 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Asim and I share a bond beyond anyone’s comprehension: Hania Amir05:22 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Hadiqa Kiani releases song to pay tribute to Kashmiri Martyrs12:38 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Nadia Jamil updates her fans about her recovery after chemo12:13 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020