Ghulam Ali Khan agrees to perform in Delhi after Indian apology
Mishra had invited the singer to perform in Delhi on Thursday after a concert in which he was expected to perform in Mumbai was cancelled following threats from the Shiv Sena.
In a tweet, Mishra had said: “Sad that Ghulam Ali is not being allowed in Mumbai, I invite him to come to Delhi and do the concert. Music has no boundaries”.
On Friday, Mishra and Aam Aadmi Party MLA from Kalkaji Avtar Singh met the 75-year-old singer in Kalkaji. According to sources in Delhi government, Ali has accepted the government’s invite and has agreed to perform in Delhi in December.
The singer, who has a vast fan following in India, was scheduled to perform in concerts in Mumbai and Pune this week as a tribute to late ghazal singer Jagjit Singh on his death anniversary. The show in Mumbai, however, was cancelled after the Shiv Sena threatened to disrupt the concert.
- PDM may postpone rallies if PM Imran telephones Nawaz, Zardari12:11 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- PM Imran woos back Chaudhry brothers during Lahore visit11:42 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Pakistan 'should shake hands' with Israel, Mubashir Lucman tells ...11:31 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Marriyum Aurangzeb ditches crazy fan wanting a selfie (VIDEO)10:25 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Fashion Pakistan Week postponed over Covid-19 fears07:19 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Rabab Hashim ties the knot (See Mehndi & Maiyon Pics)05:08 PM | 25 Nov, 2020
- Alamgir gets a new kidney after 13 years of waiting (VIDEO)05:00 PM | 25 Nov, 2020