Harvey Weinstein sacked from his own company after sexual harrassment reports
Harvey Weinstein's own company - The Weinstein Company has sacked its co-founder on Sunday, following allegations by an independent law firm that he indulged in sexual harassment. Harvey Weinstein is an American film producer and film studio executive.
In a statement that followed the firing, Lance Maerov (one of the board members of the company) said, "in light of new information about misconduct by Harvey Weinstein that has emerged in the past few days, it has been brought to our attention that Mr. Weinstein has violated the company’s code of conduct."
Lance Maerov said Mr. Weinstein was notified of his termination on Sunday. The decision was made by Lance Maerov, Bob Weinstein (Mr. Weinstein’s brother), Richard Koenigsberg and Tarak Ben Ammar (board members of the company). This decision escalated quickly on Friday that had sent Harvey Weinstein on a leave of absence indefinitely.
The sexual harassment allegations uncovered also include TV journalist Lauren Sivan's stateent who said that Weinstein had once trapped her "in the hallway of a restaurant that was closed to the public and masturbated in front of me until he ejaculated."
- COVID-19: Hafeez urges int'l agencies for evaluating losses to ...11:11 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Protests against racism, police violence sparked in major Australian ...10:02 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- COVID-19: Complete lockdown in Islamabad on Saturday and Sunday09:45 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Pakistan approaches 93,894 cases of coronavirus – 1,935 confirmed ...09:20 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Pak army shot down yet another Indian spying quadcopter in Khanjar ...08:26 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Meghan Markle speaks out about ‘Black Lives Matter’07:17 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Naveed Raza urges people to stop denying the existence of coronavirus06:51 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Kylie Jenner tops Forbes' list of the highest-paid celebrities in the ...03:37 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020