Harvey Weinstein sacked from his own company after sexual harrassment reports
Harvey Weinstein's own company - The Weinstein Company has sacked its co-founder on Sunday, following allegations by an independent law firm that he indulged in sexual harassment. Harvey Weinstein is an American film producer and film studio executive.
In a statement that followed the firing, Lance Maerov (one of the board members of the company) said, "in light of new information about misconduct by Harvey Weinstein that has emerged in the past few days, it has been brought to our attention that Mr. Weinstein has violated the company’s code of conduct."
Lance Maerov said Mr. Weinstein was notified of his termination on Sunday. The decision was made by Lance Maerov, Bob Weinstein (Mr. Weinstein’s brother), Richard Koenigsberg and Tarak Ben Ammar (board members of the company). This decision escalated quickly on Friday that had sent Harvey Weinstein on a leave of absence indefinitely.
The sexual harassment allegations uncovered also include TV journalist Lauren Sivan's stateent who said that Weinstein had once trapped her "in the hallway of a restaurant that was closed to the public and masturbated in front of me until he ejaculated."
- Pakistan Army chief meets top US defence officials at Pentagon01:44 AM | 5 Oct, 2022
- Farah Khan praises Gauri Khan as a 'middle-class Punjabi girl'11:44 PM | 4 Oct, 2022
- Indian college boy's Pasoori rendition spreads like wildfire11:19 PM | 4 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022