Locally-made electric rickshaws to hit the roads very soon
ISLAMABAD - Federal Minister for Science and Technology, Chaudhry Fawad Hussain Wednesday said Pakistan Standards and Quality Control Authority (PSQCA) is formulating standards of Electric Rickshaws and hopefully the first batch of 10,000 Electric Rickshaws will be launched within six to eight months.
پاکستان کوالٹی اسٹینڈرز اس وقت بیٹری کے رکشوں کے اسٹنڈرز بنا رہا ہے، انشاللہٰ چھ سے آتھ ماہ میں پہلا دس ہزار بیٹری رکشوں کا بیج (Badge) سڑک پر آجائیگا۔ تین سے پانچ سالوں میں انجن والا رکشہ سڑکوں پر بین (Ban) کر سکیں گے https://t.co/5ziXtvd6V8— Ch Fawad Hussain (@fawadchaudhry) October 9, 2019
In a tweet, the federal minister informed that Rickshaws having engines will be banned within the period of three to four years.
Talking to APP, an official from PSQCA also informed that the authority is developing standards for the electric Rickshaws which will run through battery, not fuel.
- FM Qureshi inaugurates new Pakistan embassy building in Doha11:23 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- PSL 2020 – Match 11: Peshawar Zalmi beat Lahore Qalandars by 16 runs11:13 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- At least 30 dead, dozens injured in Rohri train crash11:07 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- UN alarmed after ongoing anti-Muslim violence leaves 42 dead in India10:54 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Fracture rules Bismah Maroof out of ICC Women’s T20 World Cup 202010:41 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Canada will no longer pay for Harry and Meghan's security03:56 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Here's what Navin Waqar does to stay fit03:36 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Scientists think they know how stress causes grey hair03:04 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019