Locally-made electric rickshaws to hit the roads very soon
ISLAMABAD - Federal Minister for Science and Technology, Chaudhry Fawad Hussain Wednesday said Pakistan Standards and Quality Control Authority (PSQCA) is formulating standards of Electric Rickshaws and hopefully the first batch of 10,000 Electric Rickshaws will be launched within six to eight months.
پاکستان کوالٹی اسٹینڈرز اس وقت بیٹری کے رکشوں کے اسٹنڈرز بنا رہا ہے، انشاللہٰ چھ سے آتھ ماہ میں پہلا دس ہزار بیٹری رکشوں کا بیج (Badge) سڑک پر آجائیگا۔ تین سے پانچ سالوں میں انجن والا رکشہ سڑکوں پر بین (Ban) کر سکیں گے https://t.co/5ziXtvd6V8— Ch Fawad Hussain (@fawadchaudhry) October 9, 2019
In a tweet, the federal minister informed that Rickshaws having engines will be banned within the period of three to four years.
Talking to APP, an official from PSQCA also informed that the authority is developing standards for the electric Rickshaws which will run through battery, not fuel.
- Pakistan surpasses 72,460 cases of coronavirus – 1,5 43 confirmed ...10:10 AM | 1 Jun, 2020
- Pakistan has cheapest fuel cost in South Asia, says PM Iman11:56 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Two Pakistan High commission officials asked to leave India in 24 ...10:40 PM | 31 May, 2020
- ‘History in Making’ — Pakistani plane flies directly to US for ...10:07 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Petrol price slashed by Rs7.06 per litre in Pakistan09:01 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Raising a daughter is a huge responsibility: Humaima Malick05:08 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Zaira Wasim deactivates social media accounts over trolling03:41 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Kylie Jenner is not a billionaire, says Forbes03:09 PM | 30 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020