Cricketer Shahzaib Hasan’s ban raised to four years
The right-hander, who represented Karachi Kings during Pakistan Super League 2017 edition, had been banned for a year and fined Rs1 million by the Pakistan Cricket Board’s anti-corruption tribunal earlier this year for his role in last year’s spot-fixing scandal.
The opener batsman had appealed against the ban, which was rejected by Justice (r) Hamid Hasan and increased the ban to four years and maintained the fine.
The 27-year old has decided to challenge the decision in higher court, his counsel said. Hasan was the fifth player to be suspended in the spot-fixing probe along with Islamabad United openers Khalid Latif and Sharjeel Khan and fast bowler Mohammad Irfan and all-rounder Mohammad Nawaz.
- Pakistan reports 76 deaths, over 4,000 new COVID infections amid ...09:35 AM | 29 Jul, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:15 AM | 29 Jul, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 29 July 202108:46 AM | 29 Jul, 2021
- Welsh slate is now on list of Unesco World Heritage Sites12:56 AM | 29 Jul, 2021
- July 29, 1958 -- On this day in history US set up NASA12:43 AM | 29 Jul, 2021
- Nora Fatehi’s belly dance moves in ‘Zaalima Coca Cola’ set ...04:04 PM | 28 Jul, 2021
- Mehrooz Waseem hits back, accuses Usman Mukhtar of harassment03:48 PM | 28 Jul, 2021
- Maya Ali's colourful birthday celebrations go viral03:34 PM | 28 Jul, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021