Meghan Markle, Priyanka Chopra, Michelle Obama to speak at UN's digital Girl Up Leadership Summit
Meghan Markle, Duchess of Sussex, and Priyanka Chopra are joining former First Lady Michelle Obama and director of UN Women Phumzile Mlambo-Ngcuka, at the 2020 Girl Up Leadership Summit.
Girl Up posted on Twitter: "The present is female! But don't take our word for it.
"Hear Meghan Markle, The Duchess of Sussex's advice for global girls leaders when she takes the stage at the 2020 @GirlUp Leadership Summit, happening virtually July 13-15!"
The virtual event is scheduled to take place between 13-15 July.
Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg, 2018 Nobel Peace Prize winner Nadia Murad, and actor Jameela Jamil are part of the panel as well.
Meghan is to give the keynote speech, Michelle will be delivering a special message, and Priyanka will participate in a Q and A session.
“We’re honored to have Mrs. Obama with us at our summit this year. The impact she has made in this country, and around the world, is deeply inspiring and motivating to our girl leaders -she’s a role model for using your voice, ” Girl Up’s executive director, Melissa Kilby, said last month.
Girl Up was established by the United Nations Foundation in 2010 and has a collaboration of global community of partners to spread gender equality across the globe.
Have more to add to the story? Comment below and stay tuned for more!
- China alleges ‘political manipulation’ as G7 leaders discuss BRI ...12:15 AM | 15 Jun, 2021
- PSL 2021 – Colin, Iftikhar power Islamabad United to 8-wicket win ...11:59 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Budget 2021-22: Punjab proposes Rs370 billion for health services10:51 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Saudi Arabia allows women to register for Hajj without guardian10:05 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Govt likely to increase petroleum prices from June 1609:38 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Producer of Christchurch mosque attack movie resigns after backlash05:02 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021