'See you on the other side': Yuvraj Singh announces retirement from international cricket
"I have decided to move on. Cricket has given me everything and that's why I am standing here," he said at an event dedicated to the announcement.
Posted by Yuvraj Singh on Monday, June 10, 2019
The left-hander said he liked Chris Gayle, Ricky Ponting, Muttiah Muralitharan, Glenn McGrath among others when asked about favourite overseas fellows.
“I made some great friends and some not so great friends in cricket over the years. I have never stopped believing in myself...always believe in yourself," he said.
"This game taught me how to fight, how to fall, to dust off, to get up again and move forward. It has been a lovely journey...see you on the other side," he added.
Yuvraj Singh was at his best in the 2011 World Cup and proved pivotal for the team to bag the cup as he scored 362 runs, took 15 wickets, was declared man-of-the-match four times and remained the Player of the Tournament.
Another aspect of his life was his battle against Cancer. He went overseas for treatment and surprised everyone with a comeback.
He also continued to be a huge favourite for teams in the Indian Premier League as in 2014, Yuvraj Singh went to Royal Challengers Bangalore for Rs 14 crore while Delhi Capitals snapped him up for Rs 16 crore the next year.
- Martyred PIA pilot’s father questions credibility of plane crash ...08:35 PM | 25 May, 2020
- Two kids drown in River Chenab08:02 PM | 25 May, 2020
- Predatory cop shoots teen boy dead in Kasur on Eid07:24 PM | 25 May, 2020
- Lahore temperature hits 44°C on second day of Eid07:04 PM | 25 May, 2020
- PML-N’s Nehal Hashmi tests positive for COVID-1906:59 PM | 25 May, 2020
- How much does Ahmed Shah earn from Fahad Mustafa’s Jeeto Pakistan?08:41 PM | 23 May, 2020
- Zara Abid presumed dead, not amongst the survivors of PIA plane crash05:13 PM | 23 May, 2020
- Netflix announces Élite season 4 with returning cast members04:07 PM | 23 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020