Petroleum prices likely to decrease by Rs 5-7
The oil prices fell $1.23 per barrel to $49.05 in the international market which would affect prices in local market during next two months.
As per reports, a surplus persists in global supply despite big exporters cutting production to increase the prices.
On the other hand, U.S has increased its supplies by 8.2 million barrels from a week earlier reaching a record 528.4 million barrels in order to damage Russian economy that mostly based on oil and gas.
Experts are of the view that the economy of Pakistan would grow with falling oil prices in upcoming months, adding that it will also give relief to the people who are facing the burden of increased oil prices for a month.
Earlier, Finance Minister Ishaq Dar on February 28 announced an increase in the petroleum prices. The price of petrol and diesel had been increased by Rs 1.71 per litre and Rs 1.52/litre respectively, while the prices of kerosene oil and light-speed diesel were not changed.
- Dutchwoman named world's tallest bodybuilder by Guinness World Records05:31 PM | 21 Oct, 2021
- Sheikh Rashid to watch Pak-India T20 match in Dubai04:20 PM | 21 Oct, 2021
- FM Qureshi, DG ISI in Kabul to discuss bilateral ties with ...03:59 PM | 21 Oct, 2021
- Interior minister updates PM Imran on law & order, security03:25 PM | 21 Oct, 2021
- 'Begum Shak Karti Hey' – Saba Qamar and Abrar Ul Haq share teaser ...02:59 PM | 21 Oct, 2021
- Dananeer Mobeen wins hearts as she recites Qaseeda Burda Shareef02:32 PM | 21 Oct, 2021
- Usman Mukhtar and Zunaira Inam glow at their dreamy mayoun ceremony01:11 PM | 21 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021