PFDC Sunsilk Fashion Week makes history by including Transgender model on the runway
PFDC has always been at the forefront of stepping into uncharted territory, making waves and standing up for taboo issues that others have been afraid to tackle. In its 11th edition, the fashion organization has made Pakistani history by providing a platform to Maavia, the first Pakistani trans-model to grace the runway!
This is a proud first for the entire nation and solidifies PFDC's ever progressive role in the projection and promotion of our country's finest talent.
This is a much needed step towards inclusivity and acceptance of trans people in Pakistan, who have had their fair share of persecution. In an exclusive interview with Something Haute, Maavia was asked whether this monumental leap for her community made her nervous.
She replied with an air of confidence when she said, “I’m so excited to play my part in making this world more inclusive. “It is such an honour for me to represent my community on such a prestigious platform. I know I should be nervous but I’m not. I’m so happy to finally fulfill this life long dream of mine.”
They also interviewed Hamza Bokhari, the designer from fashion brand Jeem who was behind this initiative, “Taking Maavia was a no brainier,” he said. “Not only is she educated and beautiful, she’s the perfect person to represent her community. I want people to see how beautiful diversity and inclusiveness is.”
- Brace Yourselves for the Live Broadcast Launch of TECNO’s Spark 5 ...01:19 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Sindh launches online education for primary schools amid COVID-1912:29 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- COVID-19: Hafeez urges int'l agencies for evaluating losses to ...11:11 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Protests against racism, police violence sparked in major Australian ...10:02 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Kanye West donates $2 million, establishes college fund for George ...08:24 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Meghan Markle speaks out about ‘Black Lives Matter’07:17 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Naveed Raza urges people to stop denying the existence of coronavirus06:51 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020