ECP delays Daska by-poll to ensure transparency
ISLAMABAD – The Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) rescheduled the re-election in NA-75 Daska constituency to April 10, 2021 from March 18.
The Commission in a statement said that rescheduling has been made to ensure transparency in the polls and make matters related to administration foolproof.
The by-poll in the constituency was originally held on February 19 but the ECP declared it null and void over suspicion of rigging after presiding officers of 20 polling stations went missing after the polling and they submitted results after the delay of nearly 14 hours.
Subsequently, the Commission issued an order for holding fresh polls in NA-75 Daska.
Earlier in the day, the Supreme Court of Pakistan has sought details of by-polls in the constituency while hearing a petition filed by the PTI against ECP’s fresh polling order.
The by-election in the constituency was marred by chaos after clashes erupted between the PTI and PML-N on February 19. Two people were also killed during the violent clashes and firing incidents.
- Mahira Khan wants to recreate this scene with Shah Rukh Khan!10:07 PM | 4 Dec, 2022
- Former Pakistan Army chief Gen (r) Bajwa watches PAKvENG Test at ...09:11 PM | 4 Dec, 2022
- German mayor of Pakistan origin wishes to settle in Karachi forever08:46 PM | 4 Dec, 2022
- Aima Baig drops teaser of latest cover of "Kahani Suno"08:24 PM | 4 Dec, 2022
- Is The Legend of Maula Jatt going to be screened in India?07:59 PM | 4 Dec, 2022
- BTS member Jin reveals his biggest wish on his birthday06:25 PM | 4 Dec, 2022
- Karachi among world’s least expensive cities in new report09:30 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Timeline of Pakistan Army Generals during country’s 75 year-long ...10:28 AM | 29 Nov, 2022
- Only two Pakistani universities make it to Asia’s top 10003:15 PM | 10 Nov, 2022
- Pakistanis named among 'The World's Most Influential 500 Muslims'10:16 PM | 2 Nov, 2022