Watch the Pakistani short film from Lyari that just won an international award
According to Dawn News, the short film Jaawar — meaning ‘ongoing situation’ in the Balochi language — won first prize at the awards sanctioned by Shaikh Nasser bin Hamad Al Khalifa, a member of Bahraini royal family and president of the Bahrain Olympic Committee.
The runners up include contestants from Egypt and Mexico.
Jaawar depicts the story of a man who is traumatised by the violence and bloodshed in Lyari.
The writer and director of the short-film, Ahsan Shah, said he had not imagined that their film will make it this big on the international arena. “But now that it has, it’s an ecstatic moment for us and the whole of Lyari.”
- Shireen Mazari's daughter booked for 'abusing' Pakistan Army chief06:43 PM | 27 May, 2022
- Hira Mani set to launch her YouTube channel with a 'big surprise'06:32 PM | 27 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022
- ‘Hybrid regime’: Pakistan among worst nations on EIU's Democracy ...01:22 PM | 12 Feb, 2022