Anne Hathaway to be honored with Walk of Fame star
"I´m really very moved by every aspect of this," said Hathaway, 36, who thanked "the fans who showed up and gave me their time, and people who´ve been in my life for decades."
Hathaway´s star faces the entrance of the TCL Chinese Theatre, an iconic Hollywood tourist destination. It´s also next to that of Hattie McDaniel, the first black actress to win an Oscar for her role as the slave Mammy in "Gone With the Wind" in 1940.
"Oh my god, I´m just very overwhelmed," said Hathaway.
Hathaway´s metaphorical star started to rise when she gained fame in 2001 with her motion picture debut as shy, bumbling high school student Mia Thermopolis in "The Princess Diaries."
Since then, she has gone on to star in best-supportingtain," "The Devil Wears Prada" and "Ocean´s 8." She also won an Oscar for best-supporting actress in 2013, for her portrayal of Fantine in "Les Miserables."
She was accompanied at the ceremony by her parents, her husband actor Adam Shulman, and actress Rebel Wilson, who co-stars with Hathaway in "The Hustle."
The film, which opens Friday in the US, follows Hathaway and Wilson as two scam artists who team up to take down the men who have wronged them.
- Curtain falls on Pakistan’s flood response centre12:15 PM | 5 Dec, 2022
- Sialkot airport closed for two weeks for runway repairs11:15 AM | 5 Dec, 2022
- Nawaz Sharif set to return to Pakistan to lead PML-N’s election ...10:32 AM | 5 Dec, 2022
- Rahat Fateh Ali Khan reveals why he was arrested in India09:41 PM | 4 Dec, 2022
- Aima Baig drops teaser of latest cover of "Kahani Suno"08:24 PM | 4 Dec, 2022
- Karachi among world’s least expensive cities in new report09:30 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Timeline of Pakistan Army Generals during country’s 75 year-long ...10:28 AM | 29 Nov, 2022
- Only two Pakistani universities make it to Asia’s top 10003:15 PM | 10 Nov, 2022
- Pakistanis named among 'The World's Most Influential 500 Muslims'10:16 PM | 2 Nov, 2022