1 in 2 million: Fisherman catches strange blue 'King of lobsters'
Wayne Nickerson, owner and captain of FV Windsong in Plymouth, was the lucky fisherman who has been fishing for lobster for over 35 years, ABC reported.
“The lobster went to a nice cool tank so he wouldn’t die. He is fine…. healthy and happy,” Jan said in a comment on her Facebook photo.
Lobsters caught of the Atlantic coast don’t usually come this bright. Normally they are a murky, greeny-brown until they are boiled into an orangey-pink. This color is a more familiar for lobster diners from Ocean City, Maryland to Cape Cod, Massachusetts.
According to the Lobster Institute at the University of Maine, “only an estimated one in 2 million lobsters is blue.” But its executive director, Rob Byer, admits that is merely a guess.
- Supreme Court grants bail to MNA Ali Wazir01:35 PM | 30 Nov, 2021
- Lionel Messi wins Ballon d’Or 2021 to claim record seventh title01:00 PM | 30 Nov, 2021
- IHC CJ directs Rana Shamim to submit written reply, original ...12:20 PM | 30 Nov, 2021
- PTA grants license to Select Technologies11:35 AM | 30 Nov, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...11:25 AM | 30 Nov, 2021
- Hania Aamir spotted enjoying Asim Azhar's concert in Karachi06:21 PM | 29 Nov, 2021
- Juvaria Abbasi and Anoushey Abbasi's mother passes away05:30 PM | 29 Nov, 2021
- Bakhtawar Bhutto Zardari shares new adorable photo with son Mir Hakim04:45 PM | 29 Nov, 2021