Heroin smuggling bid foiled at Islamabad airport
ISLAMABAD - The Airport Security Force (ASF) has foiled a bid to smuggle at least a kilogramme of heroin to Jeddah, Saudi Arabia at Benazir Bhutto International Airport, local media reported.
As per reports, the officials recovered the drugs from clothes of a passenger named Zabatur Rehman, who was set to travel on Pakistan International Airlines' (PIA) Jeddah-bound flight 741.
Following the recovery of heroin, the ASF officials handed over Rehman, a resident of Hangu, to the Anti-Narcotics Force (ANF) for further investigation.
The authorities have registered a First Information Report (FIR) against the culprit under the Control of Narcotics Substances Act, 1997.
In the past, the authorities thwarted many attempts of narcotics smuggling from Pakistan.
- Pakistani origin young innovator named in Forbes' 30 Under 30 list11:45 AM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Teenage boy 'gang-raped', filmed by six in Punjab’s Pakpattan11:14 AM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Over 100 clerics of banned TLP placed on fourth schedule10:45 AM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Currency Exchange Rates in Pakistan today - 2021-April-20-Updated ...09:56 AM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Govt to table resolution on French envoy’s expulsion in NA today: ...09:39 AM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Amir Liaquat's Nagin dance video goes viral06:19 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Alia Bhatt comments on Pakistani rapper-comedian's latest video05:57 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Ali Azmat tests positive for COVID-1904:15 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021